Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thrifty Thursday - Favorite Blogging Freebies


Here are a few tools I've found handy while blogging. All of them are free with no regisration required!

FastStone Image Viewer - Fantastic free image viewer, converter, and editor. I use this all the time for viewing, cropping and editing photos and converting between formats. There are a lot of nifty tools in here too, including the Image Strip Builder I used to create the strip on the top of my blog.

Online OCR - Converts scanned images of text into a searchable Word, Excel, PDF, text or Html file.

Web2PDF - Converts a web page to a PDF file. This is great for saving something you want to go back and read later. They also offer some services I haven't tried like receiving the PDF file via email and adding a button to allow saving your blog posts to PDF format.

Web Resizer - Quick and easy way to resize photos for your blog. You can do some basic photo editing with it too.

Microsoft Clip Art - All kinds of free clip art, photos, and illustrations, including the one on the top of this post!

What are your favorite freebies?

2 comments:

  1. I've tried FastStone, but couldn't get the hang of it like I could Picasa. I use Microsoft Clip Art, but haven't heard of the other tools, so will check them out. Thanks for bringing them to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Yvonne! The FastStone user interface is a little different, but the more I used it, the more I liked it. I'll have to try Picasa again. It was crashing with my old PC, probably due to lots of pictures and not enough memory.

      Delete