Saturday, March 26, 2016

Surname Saturday - Five Generation Birthplace Chart

I've been seeing this all over Facebook and genealogy blogs, so thought I'd join in on the fun! This five generation chart shows the birthplaces of my family, starting with me and going up to my 2x great-grandparents. The paternal lines are on top in each pair and I've color coded them by US state and country.



I added the surnames of my 2x great-grandparents on the right, color coded by their country of origin. The names in white are still unknown or lines I haven't researched that far back yet. Most of the unknowns are probably from the UK, Ireland, and France, but my Matson line is still a mystery. My Gast family was from France, although they were close to the German border. My Councill and Sparks families were from England.

The first blog I saw this on was Linda Hall-Little's Passage to the Past's blog and the template I used was posted on Miriam Robbin's AnceStories blog. J. Paul Hawthorne, author of GeneaSpy blog came up with the original idea. Check out #MyColorfulAncestry on Twitter and Facebook to see more charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment