Monday, December 26, 2011

Historical Events - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #49

Week #49 – Historical Events. Describe a memorable national historical event from your childhood. How old were you and how did you process this event? How did it affect your family?

The most memorable historical event during my childhood has to be the moon landing in 1969. My Dad worked for NASA and was very involved in the Apollo program. I grew up on the Florida Space Coast and many of my friend's parents also worked at the Kennedy Space Center. I was ten years old when the first moon landing occurred and we didn't have a way to record the event on the TV. My Dad took pictures of the TV instead!

This is a weekly challenge from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

No comments:

Post a Comment