Friday, March 30, 2012

Follow Friday: Ohio and Irish Resources

This week I came across several interesting sites while researching my Ohio and Irish ancestors:
  • Ohio Old Schools -  This site has lovely pictures of old one room schoolhouses still standing in Ohio.
  • Hare School (or Hair School) was just south of the property line where my great-great-grandfather, Timothy Creeden lived in Hopewell Township, Mercer County, Ohio. I would guess this is where my great-grandfather and his siblings first went to school. I was thrilled to see this picture!
  • http://www.accessgenealogy.com/ohio/ - I've seen this site before, but hadn't visited in awhile. It has listings of resources by state and county and also some specialized categories like Native American records.
  • Irish Genealogy News - This post listed several free handouts on Irish research from the Who Do You Think You Are? Live 2012 show by the Society of Genealogists, but there is a lot more to explore on this blog for Irish researchers.
  • Society of Genealogists - I followed the link from the Irish Genealogy News post and found there were free handouts available on a variety of topics. Lots to explore on this site, so I'll be back.
  • Irish Genealogy Toolkit - A companion site to Irish Genealogy News, this site has a lot of resources to explore for those searching for Irish ancestors.

Follow Friday is an ongoing series at GeneaBloggers and was suggested by Earline Bradt of Ancestral Notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment