Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 16: Tech Toys - 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy

Week 16: Tech Toys: Genealogists love their technology toys! Which tech gadget do you appreciate the most?  How has this tool enhanced your family history experience? Would you recommend it to others?

My scanner is the gadget that I couldn't live without for genealogy. I've used it to scan and share many photographs and documents. I have a nice memory of scanning in old family photographs with my Dad and hearing his stories about them as we scanned them in. The scanner is also an important tool for making backup copies of the paper documents that I've collected over the years. I can't recommend this particular scanner since it's an older Primax model that's not available anymore, but I definitely recommend having a scanner in your collection of tech toys!

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and others to discuss resources in the genealogy community including websites, applications, libraries, archives, genealogical societies and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment