Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday's Obituary - Daniel Sparks

Daniel Sparks was the brother of my great-grandmother Arianna Sparks and was from Queen Anne's County, Maryland. I wasn't having much luck finding any information on Daniel when I ran across this snippet of news published in the Baltimore Sun on May 30, 1915. I knew that their sister Martha Sparks was married to Robert Councill.


With the clue that he was living in Seattle, I was able to locate a couple of death notices published in the Seattle Daily Times on Feb. 24 and Feb. 26, 1937. I knew that Daniel was born around 1860, so this fits that he was 76 years of age in early 1937. With this new information, I hope to be able to verify that this is the correct Daniel and find some details on his life in Seattle.


SPARKS -- Feb. 24, 1937: Daniel Sparks; beloved husband of Lee Ella. Services Thursday, 2 p.m. at Johnson & Hamilton's. Friends invited.


Sparks, Daniel-- Route 9, Box 735, 76. February 24.

From FindAGrave, Daniel Sparks is buried in Mount Pleasant Cemetery in Seattle, King County, Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment