|Anna Marie Schaefer Pulskamp|
Mary's husband Herman was also from Hanover. I've noticed as I've researched my German ancestors that many of the census records actually give a location, while records for my Irish ancestors never say anything but Ireland! I suppose some of that had to do with changing territories and borders in Germany.
A Google search turned up a match in A Portrait and Biographical Record of Mercer and Van Wert Counties, Ohio, published in 1896. The biography was about one of their sons, John Bernard Pulskamp, but included a bit of detail on Herman and Mary. The biography gives her year and place of marriage as 1854 in Cincinnati. It also states that she came to the US in 1848 and lists the seven children that were living in 1896.
With the info that Mary came to the US in 1848, I found a possible match in a passenger list for the Mary Adeline that arrived from Bremen, Germany on August 15, 1848.
A census entry for 1850 in Crawford County, Ohio appears to be the same family, so it's a possibility that this is Mary's family.
- Year: 1880; Census Place: Celina, Mercer, Ohio; Roll: 1048; Family History. Film: 1255048; Page: 457B; Enumeration District: 187; Image: 0627. Ancestry.com online database
- Google Books: A Portrait and Biographical Record of Mercer and Van Wert Counties, Ohio, published in 1896 by A. W. Bowen & Co. in Chicago, IL
- Year: 1848; Arrival: New York, New York; Microfilm Serial: M237; Microfilm Roll: 74; Line: 1; List Number: 916; Page Number: 4. Ancestry.com. New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 [database on-line]
- Year: 1850; Census Place: Jackson, Crawford, Ohio; Roll: M432_671; Page: 369A; Image: 105 Ancestry.com. 1850 United States Federal Census [database on-line]
- Thanks to LDarcy for posting the picture of Mary on FindAGrave.