Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Do You Need a Genealogy Do-Over?


I've been in collecting mode for so long that I think it's finally happened. Not only do I not know where all of my genealogy resources and data are, but there are probably things I've collected that I don't even know I have! On top of that, my latest family tree is a hodgepodge of my earliest finds that I quickly added to the tree, combined with later finds that I attempted to correctly source and document.

Apparently, I'm not alone! Thomas MacEntee of Geneabloggers has announced his Genealogy Do-Over, starting on January 2.  Thomas is going to set aside his research from the past 20 years and start over and he's inviting us to join him on this journey. Thomas has set up a 13 week program with topics to focus on each week and a Facebook group.

I haven't decided yet how far to go with the "do-over", but I plan to follow along with the focus for each week.  Along the way, I hope to improve my research skills, verify and document my family tree, and organize my growing collection of genealogy data.

No comments:

Post a Comment