Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introduction

My first try at finding some information on my family tree was in the 80's on the old UseNet groups. There wasn't much out there yet and I rarely saw any mention of any of my surnames. I registered on an early version of the RootsWeb lists that was sent out periodically and just listed surname, dates, and locations. I never heard anything back from that!

I tried again in the late 90's and had some success. My original quest was for information on my great-great-grandfather Timothy Creeden. All I knew was that he came from Ireland and was born in County Cork. I still don't know a whole lot about him, but that search has led to finding out so much more about my family tree.

I have a website with some information on my family tree at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~creeden/

I'm planning on posting here as I continue my quest for the missing links in my tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment