Sunday, April 3, 2011

Creeden and Fischer - Sunday's Obituary

I've been trying to track down obituaries of my gg-grandfather Timothy Creeden's children in the hopes that they would shed some light on Timothy. So far, I'm not having much luck with that! I know his oldest daughter Mary Elizabeth moved to Los Angeles, CA with her husband George Fischer. This death notice in the LA Times lists a Mary Fischer, age 56 that died in August 1930. The age fits, but I didn't find an obituary. While I was searching, I did locate short obituaries for her husband and one of her children, listed below.

LA Times, August 16, 1930

LA Times, Dec 15, 1937
George J. Fischer, beloved father of Godfrey J. Fischer and Mrs. Beatrice Weddell; grandfather of Jack and Jimmy Fischer, Paul and Joyce Weddell.
Funeral arrangement later by Snyder's Southwest Funeral Home.

LA Times, May 15, 1958
Fischer, Godfrey J. beloved husband of Helen Fischer, father of Jack and James Fischer, brother of Beatrice Weddell. Recitation of the Rosary tonight, 8 p.m., at the chapel of Smith & Salsbury, funeral directors, Culver City. Mass Friday, 9 a.m., at St. Augustines Catholic Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment