Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sports - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #15

This is a weekly challenge from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

Week 15. Sports. Did you have a favorite sports team as a child? If so, which one and why. Did your parents follow the same teams? Do you still support the same teams?

The Miami Dolphins were the only professional sports team in Florida when I was growing up and it seemed like the entire state went crazy for them during their undefeated season in 1972. My Mom's sister and her family lived in Miami and they used to come up to our house to watch the games when they were blacked out in Miami. The entire family rooted for them back then, but my Mom and Aunt were the the biggest fans.

The other teams we rooted for were the Astronaut War Eagles high school football team and later, the Florida State Seminoles. My Mom is still a rabid Dol-Fan and I still root for the Seminoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment