Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vacations - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #27

Week 27. Vacations. Where did your family go on vacation? Did you have a favorite place? Is it still there? If not, how has the area changed?  This is a weekly challenge from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

L to R front: Me, my best friend, my sister, Back: Best friend's Mom, my Mom
We used to go all over the country on camping trips, but one place we returned to once or twice a year was the Florida Keys. We usually stayed in the Marathon area and enjoyed going out in my father's boat and touring around the Keys. The water was always beautiful shades of blue and green and I always loved going over the Seven Mile Bridge. Most of the places we went to are still there, but I haven't been down there for quite a few years. The picture above is from a trip we took with our next door neighbors. The picture below is of the Seven Mile Bridge and is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Mile_Bridge.

Seven Mile Bridge in the Florida Keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment