Friday, August 12, 2011

Dinner Time - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #32

Week #32 – Dinner Time. On a typical childhood evening, who was around the dinner table? Was the meal served by one person, or was it a free-for-all? What is dinner time like in your family today?

During the work week, my Mom almost always made dinner for the family. My parents, my sister, and I usually ate at a round dinette table off of the kitchen. Sometimes my Mom served the meal and sometimes we each got our plate, depending on what we were having that night. On the weekends, my Dad often enjoyed cooking or grilling and it was more of a free-for-all. When my family gets together today, it's very informal and we often have a buffet style meal.

This is a weekly challenge from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

No comments:

Post a Comment