Friday, August 5, 2011

Grandparents' House - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #31

Week 31: Grandparents’ House. Describe your grandparents’ house. Was it big or small? How long did they live there? If you do not know this information, feel free to describe the house of another family member you remember from your childhood.

My mother's parents lived in several houses over the years in Pennsylvania and Delaware, but had moved to a retirement community by the time I remember visiting them. I remember it being a nice place with small manicured lawns and lots of flowers. They both passed away when I was fairly young, so I only remember the one visit to their house.

My Mom made a visit last year to see her relatives in Pennsylvania and Delaware and took this photo of a house she lived in when she was only around 2 years old in Booth's Corner, PA.

Later, she lived in this house in Ogden, PA and said that she and her sisters used to love to play in the attic.

My father's Dad and Step-Mom lived in Centerville, OH near Dayton for many years. The house I remember visiting was a small two or three bedroom house in a fairly typical suburb. I remember that it was modestly furnished and they had a lot of family pictures including pictures of me and my sister up on the walls.

This is a weekly challenge from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

No comments:

Post a Comment