Sunday, January 1, 2012

Blogs - 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy Week #1

Week 1 – Blogs: Blogging is a great way for genealogists to share information with family members, potential cousins and each other. For which blog are you most thankful? Is it one of the earliest blogs you read, or a current one? What is special about the blog and why should others read it?

I'm happy to see that Amy Coffin has started a new series of blogging prompts for 2012. This is the first in the series for 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy.

The blog I'm most thankful for is Thomas MacEntee's GeneaBloggers. I ran across his blog a little over a year ago and not only is it a wealth of information on genealogy, but he provides an excellent way for genealogists of all experience levels to join the blogging community. I especially enjoy the way he rounds up the various prompts of the day with links to the bloggers that have posted. I've learned a lot over the past year since I started my own blog and much of it is thanks to Thomas and his blog.

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and others to discuss resources in the genealogy community including websites, applications, libraries, archives, genealogical societies and more.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating in the Abundant Genealogy series. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, I'm sure I'll enjoy it and learn a lot by doing the prompts!

    ReplyDelete