Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - George Pulskamp and Mary Gast


My great-grandparents George F. Pulskamp and Mary Catherine Gast were married on August 19, 1899 in Celina, Ohio. They were certainly a handsome pair. I love the detailing on her dress! Thanks so much to one of my Pulskamp cousins for sending this to me and giving me permission to repost it. The photo is also posted on FindAGrave along with other information about the family.

George was the son of H. H. Pulskamp and Anna Marie Schaefer. George graduated from Notre Dame University in 1896 with a B. L. degree. He published a German newspaper, Der Mercer County Bote and ran a print shop. Mary was the daughter of John Gast and Catherine Desch and operated a small store in Edgewater Park.

George and Mary's Marriage License

George and Mary celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on August 21, 1949 in Celina, Ohio with many of their family and friends.


4 comments:

  1. I love the details on that dress, too. It's also interesting that 50 years later she is wearing a dark dress with small white buttons and a white collar. I wonder if she did that on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, that's a great observation, especially since that print isn't too clear! That's an old scan and I need to see if my new scanner can do a better job with the newspaper print. There may be some more details visible on her dress with a clearer print.

      Delete
  2. What a nice pix of a young couple at the start of their married lives. I like how you 'bookended' it with an image of their golden wedding!

    ReplyDelete