I started searching on the web and was lucky enough to find someone that was related to one of Timothy's granddaughters. He had a list of Timothy's children and his wife's name, so that gave me a great start on finding out more.
Here's what I know about Timothy:
- Born March 26, 1846
- Married to Mary Ann Matson in Clinton County, OH on December 10, 1868
- Listed as a farmer in Clinton County, OH in the 1870 and 1880 US census
- Bought land in the Hopewell Township of Mercer County, OH in 1884
- Had 10 children with Mary: Patrick, James, Mary Elizabeth, Daniel, Dennis, Edward, Charles, Julia, Idabel, and Joshua
- Died on December 14, 1899
- Note in the newspaper thanked people for helping the family during his illness
- Will left everything to his wife Mary and then to the living children if she remarried
- Buried in the Catholic cemetery in Mercer County, OH.
- Tombstone lists his age as 53-8-19 and gives his date of death
None of the records I have give any information on his family or origins other than Ireland. My great-grandfather remembered him saying he was from County Cork which is where most Creedon families are from, so that is most likely true.
So, where to go from here? I will list what I have tried so far in another post...