Sunday, February 13, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #7 - Toys

This is the seventh challenge in a weekly series from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

Week 7: Toys.  What was your favorite childhood toy? Is it still being made in some form today?

The first favorite toy I remember was Dino the Dinosaur, named for the cartoon pet on the Flintstones! One Christmas Eve, I heard some strange noises and came downstairs to see what was going on. I was supposed to be asleep by then, but no doubt was excited about Christmas. I found my Dad inflating Dino and was rushed back upstairs before I could see anything else! I just recently had my Dad's slides scanned in and was delighted to see a couple with Dino in them.

My sister has a different take on Dino and says she still has memories of a large green object looming over her. I think she exaggerates!

She's in the background here, warily eying Dino.




A current version of Dino from SinclairOil.com


Much to my surprise, Dino was actually a Sinclair Oil dinosaur and they still make them! I had many other favorite toys over the years, but Dino was the first!

4 comments:

  1. I think you need a new Dino for your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Dino from Sinclair. I had a bar of soap shaped liked him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, the soap was cute too! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete