Sunday, June 19, 2011

Neighbors - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #25

Week #25 –  Neighbors. Who were your childhood neighbors? Have you kept in touch with any of them? Do you feel the concept of “neighbors” has changed since then? This is a weekly challenge from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

I grew up in a small neighborhood where we knew all of the neighbors. One of my best friends lived across the street from us and the other one was a few houses down from our house. My mother was also good friends with my friends' mothers. We've all kept in touch over the years and try and meet for lunch. We are way overdue for our next lunch, so this is a good reminder that it's time to get back in touch!

I don't know that the concept of neighbors has really changed, but I find that people aren't as friendly and don't get to know each other as well in bigger neighborhoods. It's possibly since most of us are working during the day and we just don't see each other that much. I remember my mother and her friends having more time to socialize with neighbors during the day and I think that probably made a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment