Saturday, June 25, 2011

Songs - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #26

Week 26. Songs. What was the #1 song during the week of your birth? Enter your birth date at This Day in Music (http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/birthdayno1) and find out. This is a weekly challenge from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

Venus by Frankie Avalon was the #1 song in the US when I was born. The song was written by Ed Marshall and Peter DeAngelis and was #1 for 5 weeks. In the UK, it was As I Love You by Shirley Bassey. I don't think I've ever heard that one, but I remember her for singing the theme from Goldfinger.

Wikipedia has the #1 songs in the US from 1940 to present arranged by year: List_of_number-one_hits. Looking at my birth year, some other great songs were Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Mack the Knife, and of course, one of my favorites as a child, The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't be Late)!

No comments:

Post a Comment