Sunday, September 25, 2011

Childhood Hobby - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #38

Week 38. Hobbies. Did you have any hobbies as a child? Which ones?

I was in the Girl Scouts in 6th grade and used some of my hobbies to earn badges. I received a stamp album with some starter stamps one Christmas when I was in elementary school and continued to collect stamps for a few years. Who knows, maybe there's a hidden treasure in my old stamp album! Probably not, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Other hobbies were reading, photography, fun in the water, camping, hiking, ballet, tap, and jazz dance, and playing the recorder and oboe.

My badges pictured from top left to right are Collector, Reader, Hospitality, Housekeeper, My Camera, Observer, Water Fun, Troop Camper, and Gypsy.

This is a weekly challenge from GeneaBloggers called 52 weeks of personal genealogy history.

No comments:

Post a Comment