Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday's Tip - New Records coming on IrishGenealogy.ie

IrishGenealogy.ie posted a news update on their site with a promise of new records for the Diocese of Cork and Ross available on Oct. 4. This site has church records available now for County Kerry, County Carlow, and Dublin city. A subset of the Cork and Ross records are already available on the site. If you have Irish ancestors from those areas, it's definitely worth a look and it's free.

Here is the update from IrishGenealogy:
The Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht is pleased to
announce the addition of further Roman Catholic records of Baptism,
Marriage and Burial for Dublin City, County Cork (Diocese of Cork and
Ross) on Tuesday, 4th October 2011. A further subset of Roman Catholic
Church records for County Monaghan will also be added in the near
future. Further updates will be announced closer to this date. Posted
16th September 2011.


I keep hoping I'll find some evidence of my Timothy Creeden being born in County Cork. I looked on a map at the Diocese of Cork and Ross and I suspect my Timothy was born north of there, but I don't know for sure. I'll be looking just in case on October 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment