Saturday, January 3, 2015

Sorting Saturday and the Genealogy Do-Over

One thing I want to accomplish as part of the Genealogy Do-Over is to establish a better filing system for my genealogy digital and paper files. Right now, some of it works and some of it doesn't. My paper files are especially in need of sorting. My digital system mostly works for me, but it also needs some sorting and I need to make it more consistent across all of my surnames.

I'm planning on doing more of a Genealogy Go-Over as some people are calling it, so one of my goals for Week 1 is to take a look at how I've organized my files and create an index to my most important documents.

These are the types of documents that I'd like to be able to find in an instant. I'll update this list as I organize my files and use it to create my Top Document index.
  • Birth
  • Baptism
  • Marriage
  • Death
  • Census
  • Probate
  • Land
  • Military
  • Newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment