Friday, June 8, 2012

Follow Friday - Irish Gravestone Photographs

This week Dr. Jane Lyons announced that she had added over 14,000 photographs of Irish gravestones to her From Ireland website and access is free! This is still a work in progress and she says she is only about halfway done with the photos she has taken to date. A search feature and index are in progress too.

The photos are organized in albums by county as follows:

42 albums for Kilkenny county - 4,616 photographs
49 Albums for Laois or Queen's Co. - 6774 photographs
25 albums for counties from Clare, Cork, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick and Offaly. - 2,626 photographs
25 albums of miscellaneous views of places in Ireland.

I've been a member of Dr. Jane Lyon's Ireland Genealogy Email List for a long time and continue to be amazed at the work that Jane does. This latest addition represents work she has done over the past sixteen years. Thanks Jane!

Follow Friday is an ongoing series at GeneaBloggers and was suggested by Earline Bradt of Ancestral Notes.

1 comment:

  1. Jane,

    My name is Shannah TWISS and I am researching my tree throughout Ireland and was wondering, please, if you might be able to help me.

    I understand that you have transcribed some information on: COLE, George Twiss, d. 1.14.1992,in BALLYFIN, Cty. Laois, Round Bush Graveyard.

    I was wondering, please, if you might be able to send me this information.

    If this is not Dr. Jane Lyon's e-mail, I would appreciate it very much if SKS would, please, help me acquire it.

    When replying, please, e-mail me @: overthepond2@hotmail.ca and put TWISS family in the Subject line.

    Thank you very much.

    Shannah TWISS

    ReplyDelete