Saturday, June 23, 2012

Genealogy Database Software - 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Week 25

Week 25: Genealogy Database Software: Database programs have revolutionized the way we store and record our genealogy. Which one is your favorite? What are some of the tools and perks of the program that enhance your family history research? Share a link to the company website or vendor so others may learn more about this product.

I have two versions of Family Tree Maker on my computer: Version 11 and 2010. I'm still using a Windows XP computer and I find that the older version of FTM is much quicker to load and somewhat easier to navigate. The 2010 version has many more features though, such as being able to search the web and use sites like Ancestry.com directly from the program. I have to admit that I haven't explored other programs recently, so I'm curious to see what others recommend.

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and others to discuss resources in the genealogy community including websites, applications, libraries, archives, genealogical societies and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment