Monday, March 18, 2013

Fearless Females - Shining Star

March 18 — Shining star: Did you have a female ancestor who had a special talent? Artist, singer, actress, athlete, seamstress, or other? Describe.


This photo was a fun discovery from my father's slide collection. It shows my great-grandmother Anna Niehaus Creeden with three of her paintings, two of which I hadn't seen before. I knew that she used to paint, but the only painting we still have is the blue one with the boats in the upper right of the picture.


The photo of the painting pictured above was in the same set of slides and the painting is signed "A. Creeden".


These are a bit blurry, but I attempted to crop the paintings from the top photo.

It is too bad that the family didn't save more of her paintings, but I'm glad we have the one and the photos were a nice surprise. I wish some of that drawing and painting talent had passed down to me!

Once again, in honor of National Women’s History Month, Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist blog presents Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment